Amphawa Boat Noodles - Taman Sutera Utama

Thursday 18 December 2014

Hello everyone!
Have you heard of Thai Boat Noodles? Boat noodles originated from Thailand, and it's becoming a trendy food here in Malaysia and now in JB! It's one of their famous street food in Thailand.

The reason why it is called "Kuay Teow Ruea" or Thai Boat Noodles is because the noodles were originally served from vendors on boats floating. Amphawa canals, where the boats were pulled up to the shore to serve the bowls to people. 
Over the years, the boat vendors have shifted and located on the land instead of on the boats. 

Basically it's small bowls of noodles/glass noodles (Around 1 1/2 mouthful per bowl I guess?). Each bowl is already well seasoned with chillies and 20 over herbs and spices!


 Ambiance is pretty peaceful and nice!

 The counter. 




 #1 Mine and Ler's 
Thai Ice Coffee (Kah Feh Yen) RM4.90
Thai Ice Milk Tea (Cha Yen) RM4.90

I don't know how does the milk tea tastes like, but the coffee was not bad! It was aromatic enough but of course, I think it would taste better with lesser ice. Then I forgot that I wasn't suppose to drink coffee at night so this left me sleepless hahaha! 

Boat Noodles!

There are different flavours to choose from :
Amphawa Chicken Boat Noodle
Rangsit Chicken Boat Noodle
Amphawa Beef Boat Noodle
Rangsit Beef Boat Noodle 

(RM1.90 per bowl)

Amphawa is a creamy soup broth, spicy and sour // Rangsit is clear herbs soup broth

I personally LOVE Amphawa, because I usually prefer the combination of spicy and sour and it brings out a stronger taste to the noodles. Both beef and chicken are delicious. As for the beef, the beef is tender but the meatball is harder to chew as for chicken, it tastes just nice. 


Thai Styled Fried Chicken Wings RM6.90 


Personally like this alot because it was really crispy and hot when served. This was indeed really mouth-watering, with the perfect combination of the sauce given. (Not sure what was it but it blends in so perfectly)

Thai Crispy Chicken Salad (Spicy) RM8.90 

Really got to say that it was REALLY spicy. Sourish spicy kind which I love but this is more to the spicy part. Hahaha. I kept munching on the chicken and the apple slices!


 Thai Tempura Vegetables RM5.90

Every bite is a surprise since you won't know some of the vegetables since it's fried this way. As usual, this would taste so yummy with the sauce. 

 Spicy Minced Chicken Salad (Lab Gai) RM6.90

So-so for me, and once again it's really spicy LOL 

Pandan Leaf Chicken (Gai Hor Bai Toey) RM6.90 


My ultimate favourite of the night!!!!! Not only the meat is tender, you can taste the pandan in every bite. I don't mind getting my hands oily by plucking off the pandan leaves. Gosh I love this! One more plate please T-T 

Mango Sticky Rice RM8.90

The mango with the sticky glutinous rice topped with dried green bean. I love mangoes!! So this dish was pretty nice for me. The gooey glutinous rice goes really well with mangoes! 

Amphawa Boat Noodles

69, Jalan Sutera Tanjung 8/2, 
Taman Sutera Utama, 
81300 Skudai, Johor

Tel : +607 5596440

Operating Hours :
Tuesday - Sunday 
11.30pm - 3.00pm
5.00pm - 10.00pm

Till then,
Edlyn:) 
xx

Latest Instagrams

© e d l y n h e n g . Design by FCD.