My Routine with A'Bloom

Friday 28 June 2019

Hello everyone!
It's nearing to the end of June and honestly, still can't get over how fast the year has passed and we're already approaching the second half of 2019! *sobs*
Nevertheless, life has been super busy and pacing too fast, and our face gets more wrinkles as we age so it's highly essential for us to protect our skin from all ageing too fast. 

For me when it comes to well, alot of things, I wish I could save up more even when it comes to skincare products. I'm so happy to be blogging for A'bloom after hearing about it being so affordable and good for so long! 

I'm happy to see Althea grow so much in the past few years, and since their Bare Essentials series (which is still my holy grail by the way) and to now releasing more and more items to keep our skin healthy and happy yet doesn't break the bank! 

Of course, I'm also very excited that I'm writing a review for Althea again and this time is for the new series of products that they have and how do I utilize them at different time of the day. 

We have a few products in this series, which I’ll start off with the product that I’ll use every morning before I go to work.



I’m definitely enslaved to a good beauty blender when it comes to my everyday make up routine! Even though cushion foundation usually comes with a disc sponge, it’s not my favourite as it will flake off and spoil very easily.
However, most beauty blenders tend to be pretty high up in price hence, A’bloom Meringue Puff series are definitely taking the lead in this factor.



I love how SOFT it is plus it looks like a marshmallow (my favourite candy, btw) and also how it expands like crazy after damping it in water.
It blends my foundation beautifully on my skin, the only con is the Giant one would not be able to reach the small areas around the nose, which you can switch to the baby series or use your finger to dap those areas.

Of course in comparison to the beauty blenders that I have, there are always slight differences in all of them but I’ve been reaching for this quite frequently.

They are also very useful when it comes to baking but usually I’ll separate since I’ll mostly use the sponge that I have with my powder.
Rates on this product : 
*** highly recommended ***

Night time after removing makeup, this is when my routine begins : 

Caters for : Oily / Combination Skin

Key Ingredient : Natural BHA (White Willow Bark)

FYI, BHA is a beneficial ingredient for those who has oily skin / acne-prone skin. It’ll also help A LOT in removing blackheads and whiteheads on your skin.
There was one skincare guru who told me that people who has oily skin tend to have more blackheads, vice versa for people who has dry skin will tend to have more whiteheads.

For me, my issue would be whiteheads.

For me, I'll apply it around my nose and actually most areas on my skin because I do love that it has a calming / cooling effect on the skin and it smells nice.
It’s also very user-friendly and very much in the standard travel size packaging.
However, I’m not too sure if it works on the skin particularly because I have very clogged pores and I feel it would be better to warm up your face before attempting to exfoliate.

I do use this after washing my face.

*** Recommended for people with blackheads / whiteheads issue as an extra step to exfoliate but with accompaniment with other skincare to enhance the potential! ***

I do coordinate my Althea’s Bare Essential Prime Water that I’ve been in a relationship with for a very very long time – since it launched I mean. It makes everything so much better!

Before applying mask, I’ll apply a layer of Primer Water on my skin first.

Last product in this review and also the most essential one to end my routine – Masks.

A’bloom series consists of 4 different masks that caters different skin issues :-




Price : 1 sheet for RM2 or you can get 10 sheets for RM18

The price (plus packaging) itself is a very tempting point for me already. I have no doubts with Althea’s skincare hence RM2 mask doesn’t sound gimmicky to me at all.
Also, I’m not really picky on the type of masks that I use since my skin is not very picky with masks.

Personal favourite : Brightening Lemon Lime Mask

As I’ll use layer my face with Primer Water before masking, I don’t need more moisturizing mask for my skin so I’ll always opt for something that could brighten up my skin!

Also It smells like my favourite lemon curd cake…. :D

*** highly recommended for someone that wants affordable and good masks ***

That is all for now, I hope you enjoyed this blog post as much as I've enjoyed trying out these products. Let me know if you love these products too!

-Edlyn

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© e d l y n h e n g . Design by FCD.