#1 - patience

Tuesday 16 February 2021

 Hello fellow potatoes. 



January 2021 passed swiftly - and it's almost the end of February now! 


I've made a self made resolution to really jot down things that have happened monthly and lessons learnt over time - and this month, I've learnt to be patient. 


Indeed, 2020 was a challenging year for us but it doesn't mean the suffering ends in 2021. I'm thankful that I'm living comfortably and healthier than most people - but suffering comes in different forms. Over time, I realised that I've indulged too much in self pity and was reluctant to improve. I was suffering mentally and in hopes to heal over time.  


One thing that made me realise was my streak of working out, that has been ongoing since December 2020 and it's pretty challenging on most days. I would have days that I feel like giving up and thinking it's not going to make a difference. 


Trust me, it's definitely words from the roommate in my brain (quoting Untethered Soul by Michael Alan, this book is amazing). From time to time, I would look into the mirror and judging those flabby arms and legs hoping it'll just disappear the next day. 


It doesn't work this way. 


It takes determination, time, hard work that you put into these changes. 


And it did. Slowly I was progressing and it has improved my health in general. 


I sleep better some days and I don't feel sick like I did most times before.  


I hope to see more changes.


Note to self : it's changing, don't give up! 

Also on a streak to blog more this year since I've been slacking for the past few years.. Hope this mini resolution will keep moving. 


Hope 2021 has been treating you well so far. :)


Till then,

Edlyn.

2 comments

  1. So proud of you on having the determination to face your weaknesses head-on!
    Jiayou! I am rooting for you and is excited to see your transformation day to day.

    Yours Truly,
    Stalker 0316

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© e d l y n h e n g . Design by FCD.