START 2020 TRENDY AND HEALTHILY WITH OGOKCHA

Thursday 23 January 2020

Hello and happy new year! 

First post in 2020 and glad that I'm starting this year's blog post right while keeping up with my very first resolution on the list (reallyyyy hoping to keep up with it) is to stay healthy! That's right, it's tough when I binge eat a lot hence I should really start consuming food / drinks that are beneficial for my body.

Stumbled upon OGOKCHA in Ikea Cheras (Mytown) and so far this is the first and only branch in Malaysia! They have more in store for you than what boba has in it for you. 

Definitely not the one that joins the bandwagon, since I've posted on how I preferred healthier drinks & boba, this is another post to sort of "remind" myself that to en route on healthier lifestyle even if it's to keep up with the trend. 

Back in the previous post on Chizu, I mentioned that they're the first in Malaysia to have purple rice in their drinks - sorry that I've gotten the info wrong. However, they're still the first few in Malaysia that has the precious ingredient in their drinks, it's just Ogokcha has been on it since their grand opening in April 2019! Why haven't I heard about it before this?! 

A little introduction on OGOKCHA 

OGOKCHA believes in Beauty From Inside Out - which is their tagline that also comes with the meaning you are what you eat. If we consume the right things, it'll always prevail the good signs to our bodies. 

Like what I've tried when I was there, their two bestsellers are Purple Rice Yogurt and Osmanthus Honey Collagen and I believe the word "Purple Rice Yogurt" definitely do not sound foreign to you now as there are quite a few shops that has it now in Malaysia, mainly Chizu and Yomie. Even though there's some similarities to the name,  it's inevitable that they all comes from different sources and they're definitely different from some aspects! 

My Opinion :-

OGOKCHA's Purple Rice Yogurt

 Purple Rice Yogurt (from left : you know which one it is) 
Forgot to take an individual pic of it T_T but even from far, you can see the amount of purple rice they've added in - it's even more than the chocolate chips that you get in milkshakes PLUS this has health benefits in it lehh. 


In comparison to the one I had from Chizu, Ogokcha is definitely creamier than the one I had before. If you bite into the purple rice, you can even taste the tinge of sweetness that is not overwhelming and it's a perfect combination with the yogurt. I get it now why it's so important to have the right ingredients combined.

OGOKCHA's Osmanthus Honey Collagen


Can you see the mini bits of osmanthus flower in the drink?
This will ensure that you get to bite on a few in every sip! 

I personally enjoyed this alot as their main ingredient in this drink is white fungus, one of my favourite ingredient in tong shui. Difference in this is that the white fungus is freshly cooked everyday and it's soft like jelly in the drink - with bits of the osmanthus combined in the drink, it's refreshing and filling at the same time. Of course, one of the main reason why I enjoy this so much because white fungus is anti-inflammatory and their collagen content  could definitely help me out with my skin-care. 


Like how most yogurt drinks are, Ogokcha's Purple Rice Yogurt would definitely be ideal if you're looking for something light to consume before/after working out and Osmanthus Honey Collagen would definitely be something I'll opt for when I need something refreshing and to munch on at the same time!

Verdict
In comparison between :


YOGURT TEXTURE (THIN -> CREAMY)

Chizu ->  Yomie -> Ogokcha 

SWEETNESS LEVEL (LOW -> HIGH) 

Yomie -> Ogokcha -> Chizu 

PURPLE RICE SWEETNESS (LOW -> HIGH) 

Yomie -> Chizu -> Ogokcha 

* * * 

Chizu : They have 4 flavours and overall they are all tasty and the sour taste from the yogurt base is definitely more appealing than the other condiments added. Texture of drink is more runny and you can definitely taste the sweetness in their drinks. 

Yomie : Has a variety of flavours to choose from (even really special ones like salted egg). It tastes more milky and sweetness level is acceptable. The purple rice has more of a crunchy texture but still has the sweetness in every bite. 

Ogokcha : Has a creamy yogurt texture with generous amount of purple rice added - that has a tinge of sweetness in every bite which I personally enjoy. The purple rice element that they've added is definitely sweeter (in a good way) in comparison to the other two brands that I've tried. 


I believe all brands definitely have some specialty in their drinks. However, Ogokcha's drinks definitely fit me better and their purpose on bringing out the best benefits for our health through these drinks intrigued me to support them even more.

Try it out for yourself and feel free to voice own your opinion in the comment section! :)


O G O K C H A 
M Y T O W N 



I hope you enjoyed this review!


d i s c l a i m e r : 
product is given to me for a review. this review is 100% based on my personal honest review after testing the products and not paid to be forged.  

-E

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© e d l y n h e n g . Design by FCD.