GRASS HAIR MAKEOVER - E3 HAIR SALON

Friday 15 February 2019

Hello to my readers, here's a blog of my grass hair makeover ;)

People that knows me personally, knows that my hair has been always a problem for me. I'm a lazy person when it comes to combing my hair, probably with the frequency of once a year. No exaggeration. 

Hence I've decided if I want to improve the way I feel overall, I gotta do something with my hair as well during the process. Before you read this, you gotta know it's a 6 hours long process in journey of vanity and "improving" how i look. :) #buttstillonfire 

; and thank you Erin for being my personal assistant for the day. She went through that 6 hours journey with me plus buying boba milk tea for me, taking pictures, and do whatever a typical Instagram boyfriend would do. 

To start this, here's a picture of my hair BEFORE treatment. 

It's funny how even my previous post, I had the almost same before pic and my hair is always at this grassy state. HALP.

Also, would like to personally say thanks to Jeff - my hairdresser that took care of my hair 
Instead of letting this post being lengthy and boring, here's a simple process that happened in steps of changing my hair's life: 

Chopping grassy / hopeless hair 
|
Washing colour off 
|
Highlights 
|
Dyeing 
|
Treatment

(Pictures will be snippets from the videos I've taken, vlog linked down by the end of this post)

1. C U T  H A I R 


I almost had a heart attack seeing how he just looked my hair and went "AIYOOO never comb your hair one is it" *takes one bunch of hair and chops it off* And suggested that I go super super short but  I didn't have the heart to do so. 

He gave my hair layers as well because I want it to be voluminous, and definitely he defined the hair just the way I wanted it. 

2. W A S H  C O L O U R  O F F 


Him : So now i'm gonna start washing off the colour off your hair 
Me : Oh bleach ah
Him : No it's wash colour 
Me : ??? 

Apparently washing colour off is an alternative for people who have thinner hair like mine and bleaching is too strong to handle. Hence washing colour off has different degrees to it depending on your hair condition and the colour payoff that you wish to achieve. 

He explained to me that it would wash off to a nice chestnut brown colour instead of hair being just pure yellow - after bleaching. 

I admit - even just washing the colour off has made my scalp itchy at that time and that's how bad the condition was. Hence I'm thankful that he wanted me to go through this process instead of just going bleaching straight, which there's a possibility of me turning bald after. 


3. H I G H L I G H T S 

 Appreciating that my baby girl, Erin, got me boba milk tea when I was having my treatment

 This is how the highlight looks like up close

I know I look crazy but it was worth it

After my hair is few shades lighter (and even, FINALLY), he decided to put on some bleach for highlights to define my hair colour even better. 
Highlights is fine because it's only a few streaks of hair and doesn't touch the scalp!

4. D Y E H A I R 


I opted for ash grey, because i kept telling him 

"I WANT A HAIR COLOUR THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE BUT I DONT WANT MY AHMA TO KILL ME"
So he said "Ash grey la ahma won't kill you"

Thank you Erin for getting boba milk tea for me!! 

This process has felt tremendously long and I felt so bad but thankful for them to carefully dye every single streak of my hair and made sure they are all evenly coated with the dye. But when it was kinda late at the time already yet they were still super patient with me. I got kinda impatient though because my scalp is super sensitive hence it was really easy.

To wash it off, they even made my scalp feel SUPER comfortable by using one of the minty shampoo they had : 

This 

It instantly washed off the itchiness on my scalp and it smells really good. I don't know why I was so in awe with it, but basically it felt the same like you're using the blue bottled Dettol. It's not pricey either ERMAHGERD. 

It feels so good I really gonna buy it next time lah!!!!

5.  T R E A T M E N T 



The very last step of the process, finally! MY BUTT WAS ALREADY ON FIRE THAT TIME but I know I had to go through that because it's the most crucial part of the entire process - taking care of my hair and I was really curious if my hair looked different. 


This is the after. 

I loved it so much because it looks really healthy. He told me that my hair looks dark now but once I start to wash my hair, it'll start to fade off to a nice light grey, or light brown would be the last colour. 
I can't wait for it to turn back to the colour where he washed it off to that nice light brown, but I would be glad if it's grey too.

I has been three weeks and my hair has been in good condition ever since, but of course constant combing and putting on conditioner improved so much. Turns out the saying goes 没有丑女人,只有懒女人 (there's no ugly women, just lazy women) is legit. 

Once again, thank you Jeff for pampering and changing the way I look right before CNY so I could start off fresh right now! Can't wait for the next hairdo already actually. 

You can check out their Facebook website to see which E3 is nearest to your place, wherever at your convenience but the one I went to is at Masjid Jamek. If you wanna go to the branch that is reachable by LRT, Masjid Jamek would be the best as it's walking distance to the shop and there's McD just in case you get hungry after. But advisable to not drive there as it's hard to find a parking and may have to do it illegally (like me, oops)

ANDDDDD WATCH MY VLOG IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE OF THESEEE :D



C O N T A C T :

E3 Masjid Jamek Branch 
L-1, Leboh Ampang,
City Centre, 50100 Kuala Lumpur,
Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur


Hope you enjoyed this post! 

1 comment

Latest Instagrams

© e d l y n h e n g . Design by FCD.