Absolute Thai - KSL Mall Johor Bahru

Thursday 17 July 2014

Hello! It's another post about FOOOOOD again! :D
Is anyone a Thai food lover? Well... I happen to be one. But I only have it in Thailand itself, my favourite shopping paradise which happens to have alot of yummy food and also TOMYAMMMM! ♥
Thank you Weiwei, the manager of Absolute Thai and Carinn for the invite and also for extending the invite!

Sour + Sweet + Spicy is the best combination ever, no? :3

How it looks from outside!

 Their enviromental friendly menu :3

 Love how they display the pictures on the walls this way! I'm always that kind of person who would stare at the pictures for a long time. Hehehehe :3 

With the chandelier and nicely arranged tables and chairs, making this whole ambience so much condusive and appetizing to dine in. :) 

Okay here comes the pictures of fooooooooooooooooood! :3 

Stir-Fried Bean Curd with Hot Basil Leaves - RM12.90
♥   ♥  


Stir-fried are usually the best and this is no exception! I love love love fried beancurd which the sweet and sour sauce just blended it perfectly with it! 

Pineapple Fried Rice with Prawns - RM16.90
♥   ♥  

This is really reasonable for a big portion like this! Generous amount of raisins and juicy pineapple.... 

And just look at the prawns!
The display is as delectable as the taste. This is just one amazing dish that is seriously recommended to try!

Thai Mango Salad with Crispy Catfish - RM15.90
♥   ♥  
It was so nice for Weiwei to serve us this dish personally just to show us the proper way to eat this dish. Cut the crispy catfish into pieces and mix. I love the taste of this salad, especially when you taste the fragance of the fried catfish! :)

Sizzling Ming Prawns with Tamarind Sauce -  RM38.90
♥   ♥  


Okay, this was the dish that literally made me LOL. I was indulging this perfect dish (This is one of my favourite dish of the night!) but what happened was...


Me : Eh so nice lor this prawn! But why so soft one!
Aud : You are eating the head.....

Okay I admit, I almost vomitted it out. But yeah I tried to forget the fact that I ate a giant prawn's head... and continued eating the prawn lol. T-T It's really mouth-watering! Despite the fact that I actually chewed the head and said it was delicious, let alone the rest. :3 

Green Curry Chicken - RM16.90
♥   ♥  
I'm not a big fan of green curry, but hey this is different! And it taste amazing!! This is more the vege kind of curry (Yes no?) It is not as spicy as I expected, but the taste blends in perfectly plus, alot of ingredients added! :D

And nowwwwww for the main dish...

Tom Yam Soup 
Served in Clear Based // Red Based
Chicken - RM38.90
Seafood - RM42.90
(For 4 persons)
♥   ♥ 

 Don't be duped by the clear based Tomyam. You must reckoning "Chey, sure not spicy one lor" But what you expected is wrong. (Because I thought of the same thing too) Not to mention, it is spicier than the red based one, it brings out the taste of the parsley and red hot chill!

This is the red based one. I prefer this than the clear based on because I love the rich curry-like tomyam flavour, plus I'm that kind of person that couldn't handle spiciness much! :P I would definitely order this the next time I visit! 

Our faces with the awesome tomyam! (Adoi my face T-T)
Source : Carinn 
Audrey said it's her "virgin try" on tomyam and she gave it to us. 
Hahahaha funny way to describe, but thanks for willingly to try XD 

Drinks
♥   ♥ 



 Top Left ; Thai Ice Tea - RM9
Top Right ; Muay Thai Punch - RM12
Bottom Left ; Thai Iced Coffee - RM9
Bottom Right ; Lemongrass juice - RM8

My favourite is the Muay Thai Punch! I'm not sure if it's because I love fruit juices but that is just one lovely drink. It's a combination of apple, orange, pineapple and grenadine syrup! :D

One part that girls love the most again, that's right! Desserts :3

Mango with Sticky Rice - RM11.90
♥   ♥ 



This is ONE best desserts that kept me happy throughout the night *squeels* hahaha
I love love love mango, PLUS this is freshly cut. The sweetness of the mango combined with the sticky rice and coconut milk topping, making this dish a really delightful one. 
This dish is a MUST try! 

Water Chestnut in Coconut Milk Topped with Jack Fruits - RM7.90
♥   ♥ 
As this came last and the restaurant was really cold, I didn't really enjoy much of this. (Plus ootd shots were going on LOL), but of course. This is still one pleasant dessert, especially during the hot weather and you need something to refresh yourself!

Okay, and this is all for my Absolute Thai review! Overall, I enjoyed the night eating splendid food PLUS a meet up with almost the whole group of Ma Cherie girls! (Except Jen and Eryn) 

Us! 
Source : Audrey


Absolute Thai (KSL City Mall Branch)

Lot LG-22A, Level LG,
KSL City,
33, Jalan Seladang,
Taman Abad,
80250 Johor Bahru,
Johor.
Tel: 07-289 0052

Operating Day: Monday to Sunday
Operating Hours: 11:30am - 9:30pm

No pork, no lard and no Halal cert

Till then, xx

Edlyn :)




Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© e d l y n h e n g . Design by FCD.